Title: Housekeeping Manager
Reports to: Director of Operations
Sundial Management Inc. is responsible for the successful management of Sundial Boutique Hotel as well as various suites within Carleton Lodge. Collectively as one unified team we are guided as follows:
Always ensuring an exceptional, personal and memorable experience
We are admired by our guests as an exceptional place to stay and by our employees as a great place to work. Our operational effectiveness and guest service levels set a standard for the industry that others want to emulate.
Our guests and owners enjoy outstanding personal service provided by exceptional employees who all embody the values of excellence, innovation, respect, teamwork and enthusiasm.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
As an ambassador and representative of Sundial Management Inc., the Rooms Division Manager, is responsible for the leadership of all housekeeping operations for Sundial Management Inc. Within the two properties managed by Sundial Management Inc, the Sundial Boutique Hotel has 21 two bedrooms and 27 one bedrooms. The Carleton Lodge has 20 two bedrooms and 12 one bedrooms. The Rooms Division Manager’s primary responsibilities include managing all aspects of the operations for the housekeeping department to ensure product quality standards are met and that guest rooms, public space and all other areas are spotlessly clean and well maintained at all times.
Your responsibility is more global than your job description – you will be trained in every relevant area of the company operations and can expect to work in all roles in any department as required to provide seamless exceptional service
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads operational effectiveness and guest satisfaction activities of the Housekeeping Department
- Ensure guest, employee, and owner satisfaction and make prompt decisions based on the interests of all three parties.
- Maintain continuous liaison between Management, Maintenance, Housekeeping and Guest Services to guarantee that guests are receiving quality services that exceed their expectations.
- Resolves conflict effectively
- Promote teamwork, employee motivation, and morale.
- Perform all recruiting/hiring for the department
- Coordinate the offer letters, contracts and payroll information for all new employees in the department
- Manage the orientation, training and coaching for all members of the department
- Ensure benefits information is available to all employees
- Ensure On-boarding best practices are implemented for each new hire.
- Administers performance management when required.
- Conduct regular 1 on 1 meetings with each staff member in the department to review performance and development.
- Conduct annual performance reviews for the departmen
- Manage the exit process by completing the last day check list and collecting an exit interview from departing employees
- Sets Goals & Objectives Annually in the areas of personal leadership development, employee satisfaction, guest satisfaction, and financial performance.
- Reviews departmental strategies to ensure continued productivity.
- Exemplify and uphold all company policies and procedures.
- Oversees the management of off-site contract cleaning and develops measures to ensure quality control.
- Develops and implements systems for inspecting and managing the quality of housekeeping and laundry services provided and to ensure timeliness and efficiency of services.
- Establishes and maintains effective quality assurance training programs for all departmental employees.
- Conducts or oversees inspections of housekeeping/laundry activities to ensure procedures are followed according to standard.
- Daily inspections of Sundial rooms, Carleton rooms and common areas.
- Re-training employees and providing development plans to ensure all room attendants are performing up to company standards.
- Cooperates with Maintenance manager to ensure rooms are to standard.
- Establishes and maintains cost control systems for linen and cleaning supplies inventory.
- Oversees the budgeting, ordering, and receiving of such supplies to maintain appropriate inventory levels necessary for efficient operation of the hotel properties.
- Monthly inventory count of all supplies and housekeeping inventory.
- Monthly linen and towels inventory counts.
- Weekly budget forecasting and reports results to Director of Operations.
- Ensuring departmental productivity and efficiency through monthly room attendant credit and tracking.
- Compiles and reports information on departmental activity and expenses.
- Provides information to Guest Services on the status of guest rooms to ensure accurate and timely reporting on room availability.
- Responsible for the proper scheduling of staff and work according to productivity standards and forecasted occupancy.
- Reports to Director of Operations with extraordinary issues and day-to-day operations updates.
- Provides weekly departmental activity report to Director of Operations.
- Attends and is prepared for weekly 1 on 1 meetings with Director of Operations.
- Attends and is prepared for weekly Operations meetings.
- Ensures payroll (ADP) is approved and submitted to the Director of Finance on every Monday following a regular pay period.
- Exemplify the Company core values
- Follow company vision and mission statement, service philosophies, guiding principles, and policies and procedures.
- Arrive on time for work and meetings, being respectful of all Sundial Management Inc. employees
- Support and exemplify the best interests of the company at all times
- Assist others at every opportunity; regardless of position, department or area of responsibility
- Keep commitments and meet deadlines
- Return phone calls on same day if messages left before 2pm
- Respond to all calls not returned on same day by 10am the next business day
- Respond to all other contact (faxes, emails) within 24 hours
- Utilize Appropriate and Professional Business Language in all forms of communication both external and internal
- Maintain the confidentiality of all office discussions, payroll, Human Resources, Owner relations and financial matters